Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Invisible Man


Chinese artist Liu Bolin camouflages himself into his surroundings with paint. His work requires a lot of patience with him having to pose and work on his photographs for more than ten hours at a time to get it just right. Liu said he wanted to show how city surroundings affected the people living in them.He added that the inspiration behind his work was a sense of not fitting in to modern society, and this intricate art serves as a silent protest against the persecution of artists.



'My job is to choose a good background where I want to be "disappeared", and then stand there unmoved until a design has been painted on me,' he said.
 'There are many people who like my work I think because my work has a quiet strength, in the photographs. 'I am standing, but there is a silent protest, the protest against the environment for the survival, the protest against the state. 'I wanted to photograph the reality of scenes of China's development today. 'My work is a kind of reminder, to remind people what the community we live in really looks like, and what kind of problems exist.' 















Liu said: 'Some people call me the invisible man, but for me it's what is not seen in a picture which is really what tells the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment